Silicone Valley Bank: Trends in Healthcare Investments and Exits 201803-Nov-2018
A recent report by SVB highlights Civilization Ventures on page 19 –
Almost any way you look at it, 2018 was a record year for life science and healthcare companies. We saw new levels of venture fundraising, total investment values, acquisitions and initial public offerings.
Highlights in 2018 include:
- US healthcare venture fundraising reaches $9.6 billion —a record.
- US and EU VC investment in life science and healthcare companies surges 50 percent, with biopharma dominating.
- Biopharma total exit deal value hits $49 billion, including 18 deals valued at more than $1 billion.
- Device M&A activity increases and IPOs double.
- Diagnostics/Tools rebound with 10 acquisitions and two high-profile IPOs.
Download the report to get SVB’s proprietary analysis and outlook for 2019.